If you have an appreciation for art and history and enjoy meeting new people, volunteering at the Cyrus Dallin Art Museum is a rewarding way to pursue your interests and provide a valuable public service. Volunteers are crucial to our daily operations and help on a weekly, monthly or as-needed basis. Depending on your availability, you can volunteer as a docent, Associate Trustee, or for special events and projects
However you choose to help, you’ll enjoy working with the diverse and talented people that make our museum a vital part of the Arlington community.
Docents greet visitors and lead tours when the Museum is open to the public (Friday through Sunday from 12 – 4 pm). Being a docent requires a modest commitment of at least four hours per month. Docent shifts are two hours long, either 12-2 pm or 2-4 pm. Your preferred schedule can be arranged with the museum’s volunteer coordinator.
No prior knowledge is required. We provide training to help you become familiar with the collection, lead tours and knowledgeably answer questions about Dallin and his art. High school students can earn service credits by volunteering at the Museum.
HOW TO APPLY: Please contact Nancy Blanton at email@example.com or 781-641-0747.
Cyrus Dallin Art Museum, Inc. Treasurer
The Cyrus Dallin Art Museum is seeking a Treasurer for its nonprofit corporation to oversee the management and reporting of the Museum’s finances. The Treasurer is a volunteer, an Officer of the Museum, and attendee of meetings of the Museum’s volunteer Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate would be a resident of the Town. Candidates should have knowledge of accounting practices, QuickBooks, and nonprofit operations. You will be supported by an outside accountant and staff bookkeeping resources.
-Review monthly savings account records, reconcile monthly bank statements for the Museum’s operating account, and monitor income and expenditures.
-Monitor payment and remittance processes to ensure the Museum’s ongoing solvency, Make recommendations for asset management, and keep the Board of Directors apprised of the organization’s general fiscal health.
-Work with the Museum’s accounting firm to ensure the completion of required financial reporting forms (including the IRS Form 990). Attend monthly meetings of Board of Directors.
Time commitment: 5-10 hours per month
How to apply: Please send a letter of interest and resume to Nancy Blanton at firstname.lastname@example.org or CDAM, P.O. Box 266, Arlington, MA 02476.
Social Media Outreach Coordinator
Are you a social media aficionado looking to do something meaningful with your expertise?
The Cyrus Dallin Art Museum is in search of a volunteer Social Media Outreach Coordinator to manage and grow the online presence of the Museum across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter. With insightful, well-written content and carefully poised imagery, you will have the opportunity to improve the Museum’s ability to engage with audiences about Cyrus Dallin’s legacy as a celebrated sculptor, educator, and Indigenous rights activist.
– Assessing best practices or opportunities for innovation based on peer institutions
– Defining a clear content strategy to reach and grow key target audience segments
– Developing and posting engaging cross-channel content
– Creating a content calendar and scheduling content for publication
– Generating inventive campaigns to support fund raising or other Museum objectives
– Documenting key hashtags and trends to engage with on social media
– Monitoring success of posts and campaigns
– Monthly progress reporting to Board of Trustees
What You’ll Bring
– A passion for extending the reach and impact of arts and culture
– High levels of creativity and great copywriting skills
– An ability to work independently and manage your projects effectively
– Expert social media communication and relationship building skills
– This role is remote and can be undertaken from anywhere! That said, familiarity with greater Boston would be an advantage.
How to apply: Please contact Director/Curator Heather Leavell at email@example.com or 781-641-0747.
Special Events & Projects
For art and history enthusiasts who prefer helping on a project-by-project basis, the Cyrus Dallin Art Museum offers a variety of volunteer opportunities. Working on educational programs, the annual Art on the Green fundraiser, and research projects are just a few examples. To learn about upcoming volunteer opportunities for special events and projects, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-641-0747.