Discover an American Master
If you have an appreciation for art and history and enjoy meeting new people, volunteering at the Cryrus Dallin Art Museum is a rewarding way to pursue your interests and provide a valuable public service. Volunteers are crucial to our daily operations and help on a weekly, monthly or as-needed basis. Depending on your availability, you can volunteer as an Associate Trustee, docent, through internships or for special events.
However you choose to help, you’ll enjoy working with the diverse and talented people that make our museum a vital part of the Arlington community.
Are you a social media aficionado looking to do something meaningful with your expertise?
The Cyrus Dallin Art Museum is in search of an Associate Trustee for Social Media Outreach to manage and grow the online presence of the Museum across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter. With insightful, well-written content and carefully poised imagery, you will have the opportunity to improve the Museum’s ability to engage with audiences about Cyrus Dallin’s legacy as a celebrated sculptor, educator, and Indigenous rights activist.
– Assessing best practices or opportunities for innovation based on peer institutions
– Defining a clear content strategy to reach and grow key target audience segments
– Developing and posting engaging cross-channel content
– Creating a content calendar and scheduling content for publication
– Generating inventive campaigns to support fund raising or other Museum objectives
– Documenting key hashtags and trends to engage with on social media
– Monitoring success of posts and campaigns
– Monthly progress reporting to Board of Trustees
What You’ll Bring
– A passion for extending the reach and impact of arts and culture
– High levels of creativity and great copywriting skills
– An ability to work independently and manage your projects effectively
– Expert social media communication and relationship building skills
– This role is remote and can be undertaken from anywhere! That said, familiarity with greater Boston would be an advantage
Compensation: This is a volunteer position, so no compensation is offered, other than the benefits of helping to share the art and work of this important artist and advocate for social justice, particularly indigenous rights.
HOW TO APPLY: Please contact Director/Curator Heather Leavell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-641-0747.
While the Dallin Museum has not fully re-opened, we are actively recruiting for volunteer docents to ensure that volunteers will be prepared to welcome visitors when we do.
If you have an appreciation for art and history and enjoy meeting new people, volunteering at the Cyrus Dallin Art Museum is a rewarding way to pursue these interests and provide a valuable public service. We are seeking docents to lead tours and greet visitors during the museum’s open hours (Friday through Sunday from 12:00 – 4:00). Being a docent requires a modest commitment of at least four hours per month. Docent shifts are two hours long, either 12-2 or 2-4. Days of the week can be arranged with the museum’s volunteer coordinator.
No prior knowledge of art or history is required. We provide training to help you become familiar with the permanent collection, lead tours and knowledgably answer questions about Dallin and his art. High school students can earn service credits by volunteering at the museum.
HOW TO APPLY: Please contact Nancy Blanton at email@example.com or 781-641-0747.
The Cyrus Dallin Art Museum offers flexible internships to college undergraduates and graduate students. Our museum staff works with students to design an internship that meets each individual’s professional and academic goals. To learn about internship opportunities, please contact Heather Leavell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To art and history enthusiasts that prefer helping on a project-by-project basis, the Cyrus Dallin Art Museum offers a variety of volunteer opportunities. Working on educational programs, the annual Art on the Green fundraiser, and research projects are just a few examples. To learn about upcoming volunteer opportunities for special events and projects, email email@example.com or call 781-641-0747.
© 2017 VW Education Pro Theme |